Monday, February 16, 2009

Road Trip Day 2

Got on the road this morning and headed for College #2. Today's musical selections included Mamma Mia the soundtrack.

Stopped at South of the Border. Can there be any cheaper, more cheesy pit stop than this one? The color scheme alone of the place works you up into a souvenir frenzy. And the build-up to get there, what with all the billboards, has you pulling onto the exit with your head darting back and forth, not sure which way to turn, afraid you'll miss something. There's a hotel, mammoth gift shops, ice cream and coffee shops, a miniature golf course, an antique mall, a carnival. We left with nothing but the Gumby-like image of a giant Pedro burned into our memory.

Stay tuned for tonite's posting. Today was a big step forward in the college-hunting journey.

6 comments:

Bella Della said...

Everyone- at least once in their lifetime- must waste a little moment of their life at South of the Border. Funny!

Ashley said...

mamma mia soundtrack...jealous!

courtney: "On my way to work this morning I remembered Dawn is out, and it was like a dark cloud descended on me." aka - we miss you!!!!

Tiffany said...

Didn't that store hurt your eyes? Well, I'm sure it was an experience. :)

Katie said...

I am so jealous you got to spend time at such an upscale establishment! I hope you got one of those coconut bikini ladies for your home!

JGH said...

Ha! I've always seen those "South of the Border" bumper stickers driving around in the south and have always wondered what the place was like. Now I know :-)

Anonymous said...

Please tell me Harleigh hasn't decided on a career at South of the Border.

Gretchen

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails