Friday, February 6, 2009

The Splendid Table

I usually try to sleep in on Saturday mornings, at least until 9:00. But on the off chance that I am up at 7AM, I am dialed in to Lynne Rossetto Kasper's The Splendid Table on NPR. I love to bake and cook, I love NPR, and I especially adore the way Ms. Kasper talks about food. Her callers are always delightful, well-spoken people who pose the most interesting questions. And the bottom line is, that even the most basic question is answered by Ms. Kasper with such passion, detail . . and a voice "like butta." The other morning she and a caller had a conversation about the best way to fry chicken; I didn't want it to end.

Tune in if you get a chance. Check your local NPR listing; you may not have to wake up at 7:00 on a Saturday morning to hear!

2 comments:

JGH said...

Dawn, I also love "The Splendid Table". I've been listening to the Martha Stewart channel on Sirius. It's pretty funny when friends (or my kids' friends) get in my car and hear people talking about how to wash windows or whether butter should be left out or different varieties of parsely. Much less stressful than listening to the news lately.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails