Saturday, December 6, 2008

Warming up the cold outside with a bit of Christmas cheer!

My garden bike is now in full Christmas regalia. Everything is from the Dollar Store (I must sound like a broken record with all the stuff I get from there!). I stuck in a pick of greens. The candy cane ornaments are hot-glued to wooden skewers so that they can be pushed down into the dirt in the basket. The "gift" is a piece of floral foam wrapped in a white trash bag (and secured with T pins). Using floral foam allowed me to stick a wooden skewer into it, anchoring it, also, into the dirt.


And this basket on my back yard gate couldn't go undecorated!

3 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Everything looks great all ready for Christmas, and I am not. Been a little blue here. I have a similar basket, that I may paint and put on the back door. I definitely have got to get with it. I have got to get things warmed up around here. Have a wonderful remainder of the weekend. Jackie

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

I've got to get a bicycle with a basket. It's the perfect decoration for all year round.

I got to meet and have lunch with Penny from Lavender Hill Studio today and she was looking at a sled. When I told her about your bike we both decided to steal your idea and get bikes.

Love,
Gretchen

Unknown said...

Love it! I love using things that can be changed out seasonally, and that looks adorable!

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails