Monday, December 22, 2008

New Chairs for the Study

I've had two chairs in the study FOR-E-VER that are not even suitable for sitting on. But they're really cute. I've now learned that cute and functional MUST go hand in hand.

A few weeks ago I went to sit down in one of the chairs (the one that seemed the most sturdy of the two, mind you!), and a second after my booty hit the seat, the chair seat split in two and I fell to the floor in a heap of splintered wood. A primordial dwarf (yes, I've been watching a lot of TLC lately) could have sat on it and the same would have happened; it had nothing to do with my chunky frame. The chair was on its last leg. Thank God that a house guest wasn't the one to embarrassingly break the chair.

Anywho . . . in my search to find two new chairs, I chanced upon two of these at a local thrift store, and with it being half-price day, scored the two for $20. I like the green accent paint on them. And while I had planned on replacing the chair pads, now find them in keeping with the decor of the study.

1 comment:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Great chairs, and all that baking looks wonderful. I need to get some of that therapy going on in my kitchen today. Have a blessed Christmas! Jackie

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails