Monday, February 20, 2012

Car Camping

With Molly's baby shower coming up this Saturday, I bit the bullet and hired someone to come clean Chateau Gahan. She came early on Sunday, and Gideon and I needed to be out of the house. I had a church commitment at noon, so asked that she be done by then so I could bring the boy back home before heading to my meeting. It was raining, so my options for where to hang-out were limited to nil.

So in typical Dawn E. Girl gonna-make-this-work fashion, I loaded up the car with good books, paperwork to be organized, and my recipe files to look through for ideas for the week's dinners. With Gideon in the back seat, I made a stop at McDonald's for a cup of coffee (I honestly do like their coffee better than Startbucks or Caribou), then parked in a secluded section of the Ingles parking lot. Pushed my seat back and threw a blanket on to take off the chill. For the next four hours Giddy and I camped out. At one point I leaned my seat way back to read (David Sedaris Holidays on Ice), and little man found the perfect resting spot for his head.

NOTE: The pink flesh is the side of my face, where all the fat is accumulated due to my supine position. Gideon loves me despite.

3 comments:

Christine said...

How cozy and how resourceful.
Love your companion.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Looks like the two of you are resting well! Jackie

andre said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails