Saturday, December 31, 2011

On the Eve of 2012

It's coming up on late afternoon here in the hamlet of Norcross (and it's almost beach-like weather here; sunny with a warm breeze). It was a week of both getting things done and not getting to some things I had hoped to squeeze in. Par for the course for the week we always get off between Christmas and New Year's Day. I head back into work on Monday morning and Harleigh heads downtown in the afternoon for the beginning of Passion.
I met Harleigh's boyfriend, Kasey, over the holiday, and then last night met up with his family for dinner out. His mom and I are two peas in a pod. Kasey and Harleigh headed up to Gainesville this afternoon where her roommate Emily's family is hosting a group of kids for New Year's. I have a New Year's Eve date with Mr. G, snuggling on the sofa and watching period-piece movies.
In the meantime, I'm slowly putting my Christmas decorations into tubs heading for the attic. And the tree comes down tomorrow. But the saddest of all . . . the Christmas music has stopped playing.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Here are some Christmas gifts I hate to put away! A pair of vintage Santa mugs from Julie.
Vintage egg nog cups from my sister-in-law Teri.
And this glitter church (it lights up from the inside in changing colors!) from my sister. It comes from Vintage Bliss, a shabby chic store in Ellicott City, Maryland.

3 comments:

Vaibhav said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said...

Happy new year Dawn. I just finished putting my Christmas decorations away yesterday, and now my living room looks less cozy :(

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails