Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Advent Dessert


Last year I co-hosted a table at my mom's church's Ladies Club Advent Dessert. My mom and I decorated a table together, a whole lotta fun for two gals who love to entertain! This year we were in it with just as much spirit, putting together a table with a silver star theme. My mom made the navy table overskirt, chair backings and napkins. We fashioned the napkin rings from shower curtain rings covered in navy ribbon, then festooned with a silver wooden star. The centerpiece is a styrofoam tree-shaped cone covered in garland greenery, and decorated with battery-powered lights and silver glass balls hung from silver, curled pipe cleaners stuck into the base. Once the lights were turned out, all the tables, bathed in Christmas lights and candles, made quite a spectacular sight.

The gift boxes (wrapped in silver paper, navy ribbon, and topped with a bottle brush tree) hold my mom's delicious white chocolate peppermint fudge. The coffee urn is decked out in stars and the creme puffs and mini eclairs share a spot on the sterling silver platter with a star hanging from an ornament display stand.

Next year, due to popular demand, we're doing a Polish-themed table.





An extra silver ball made its way to my bathroom to hang on a wall pocket lilac.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Very elegant gathering. Love sliver and blue as a combo, so I'm biased :)
Hope you and Harleigh have a fantastic Christmas!!

Elizabeth

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails