Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MIA

Been gone for awhile but for good reasons. Last weekend was Jesse's wedding. I drove to Augusta on Wednesday to drop off a ton of stuff and help the bride, came home that evening, took Thursday to do all the final crafting and packing, then left Friday morning, back to Augusta for the rehearsal dinner. The wedding was Saturday. Back home Sunday to sleep, sleep and sleep. It was a whirlwind of a long weekend, all of it bathed in happiness and DIY heartfelt decor. Ali shot mostly film so it will be a bit before we have images to share, but I promise, you won't be disappointed!

In the meantime, busy preparing for Devon's wedding this weekend. I'm day-of-coordinator for her big day. I drive to Athens this Friday for the rehearsal, the wedding is on Saturday evening. The Foundry, where both the ceremony and wedding are taking place, is so quaint. Here is a picture of the hotel portion of the complex. It feels like it's straight out of New England.


And on the Chateau Gahan homefront, Harleigh is looking at transferring from Georgia Southern to UGA. We have an appointment next week to visit with a UGA advisor. She wants a more expansive education department so that she can broaden her early childhood course load with things like nutrition science. At first I was a bit overwhelmed at the thought of the transfer logistics, but the bottom line is that I want her to be happy in her studies. I've always liked the size of Georgia Southern, but now that I've seen Harleigh integrate into college life so seamlessly, I think she'll do fine on a huge campus like UGA. The girl knows how to find her place with the right group of kids. And she knows tons of kids there from Providence Christian Academy where she went to high school and from her summer camp counselor work at Perimeter's Camp All American. I'll make sure I take my camera next week so that I can share our trip!


4 comments:

Christine said...

Glad you are back with goodies to show.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

You have been a busy lady!! I know why they love your expertise though, you are so good at planning events. A transfer to UGA? My sister and parents live in Athens, and my niece is at UGA her first year. Keep us posted. Jackie

Ashley said...

Yay I can't wait to see pics from everything mentioned in this post :)

Elizabeth said...

Good for her! It's good to make choices like this early on, so that there aren't any missing gaps. Hope all goes well with her transfer.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails