Saturday, February 12, 2011

A different kind of inspiration . . .



One of the things I strive for with the events that I create is to never be predictable. A past co-worker, Jesse, is getting married in September and I've been shooting her ideas, offering up whatever help I can to make her wedding totally unique and affordable. With each exchange of emails, my vision becomes clearer as I get to know what the bride and groom are wanting out of the day. It's a look and feel I've never dabbled in before . . . and it's a different, wonderfully engaging, kind of inspiration.

One item that has special meaning to them is a red KitchenAid mixer. I won't go into details here simply because I don't know if she wants her personal story out there for the world to see. And so I thought that this weekend I would stage how she could incorporate that into maybe a guestbook table. Dear friend Julie just happens to have a red KitchenAid mixer, and so I borrowed it from her and created a centerpiece with cheap fake flowers. Jesse wants her flowers to be picked-from-a-field pretty and so I tried to create that feel. Her colors are bold and happy, just what I love about the contrast of the red with the pinks and purples of the flowers.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Ok I really wanna hear the story now...

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What fun! Sounds like you are going to have a great time with this one. By the way, I meant to tell you I love the old clothespin bag. Have a blessed weekend. Jackie

Kb_Mal said...

Love!

(and I second that, Ashley!)

julie said...

It turned out so pretty!! Wow, who knew I had that vase in my kitchen cabinet all this time??? And I was using it to actually mix things with. Silly me!!!

Unknown said...

love this Dawn! keep the good ideas a'comin!

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails