Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What I'm Wanting Real Bad

Lately when at the pet store to pick up dog food, I've spent way too much time in the bird section. And I think I want one. Is it the colors that attract me? All those soft baby blues and buttery yellows. Or the soothing chirping like a summer melody through a screened door? The challenge of making a bird into a loving, devoted pet? The cute cage?

It's the last thing I need right now in my busy life. Maybe when Harleigh goes off to college . . .

[Photo from the flickr page of Anja Louise Verdugo. Just lovely. As are all of her photos and collections.]

3 comments:

Denise said...

I have never really wanted a bird as a pet, but I have been visiting them at the pet shop, often!!

Shann said...

Twice, I have had a little parakeet as a pet in my life. One was baby blue. The sounds they make are lovely and the singing is darling. I will have one again someday. Maybe when the kitty dies? :) I am sure the bird would appreciate that. Hee hee! I say go for it! I bet your sweet daughter would enjoy it as well.
Have a lovely day and I hope you are staying cool!
Shann

Elizabeth said...

I think you should get one! Maybe start with a budgie. I had one and he was the best 18.00 dollars I have ever spent in my life!!Try and get a male, they have the ability to talk. Our little guy(Frankie Dee) could say over 50 words, and several phrases.He mimicked a lot of funny sounds too. He passed away though,and I got a little girl bird, (Lucie) but she got sick, so I'm waiting to see if I want another one.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails