Saturday, April 18, 2009

Good Morning Weekend!

Up early to the sun streaming in and warming up the wet and slightly chilly morning. Supposed to be in the low 70's today. Have cleaning to do (so much more bearable with screened doors and windows open). Ali is coming over this afternoon to do a shoot of the keys that my Dad sent as well as of Chateau Gahan.

A few flower arrangements around the house made from $5 a dozen roses from Kroger. (All you have to do is tear off the rotted petals and then puff some air into the flower to make it fill out. Voila . . . expensive roses.) The red rose arrangement is augmented with artificial what I believe are begonia carnations. While I would love to have huge bouquets of flowers everywhere, I can create the decadent feel of a house full of fresh flowers by combining real with artificial, as long as the artificial ones aren't too fake looking.

7 comments:

Denise said...

I hope you have a wondeful day! It is supposed to be warm here today, also. I already have the sliding door in the living room open. YAY!

XXDenise

Tiffany said...

I hope you enjoy your beautiful day. I love the roses mixed with silk flowers. Wonderful!

Christine said...

Can I come over and sit in the corner chair? That room is so comfortable looking.

Claudia said...

The house looks wonderful - I always love seeing your bookcases. I'm sure Ali will capture it all beautifully!

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a lovely and cozy room!
Brenda

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

What a lovely and inviting room!

Lisa xo

Christine said...

Dawn, just wanted to let you know that I have given you a blog award. Go to my blog to take a peek.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails