Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Placecards


Granted there were only seven of us at the Easter table today at my Mom's, but ya just gotta have placecards. I made these coconut and white chocolate nests (which taste really good, but I used a little too much chocolate and the nests turned out more solid and less "grassy"). Plopped two jelly beans in, set it on a doily in a pretty vintage bowl, garnished with a craft feather, and stuck a placecard into each.

The cards are made from paint chip cards. Whenever I go into a paint store, I always grab a bunch. I have a huge stack at home. The colors are so pretty and varied, and I wind up using them for all kinds of crafts. I made the placecards by cutting out parts of the chip cards, sticking on an Easter sticker, and writing the names with Sharpies.

8 comments:

cammy said...

What a darling idea Dawn. BTW, i love you handwriting! I hope you had a lovely Easter with your family. Cammy

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Gideon makes a delightful bunny! and the place cards are wonderful. Love the vintage Easter cards that a friend sent. Hope you had a blessed Easter. Jackie

Jennifer said...

7 people or not - those place cards are pretty! Happy Easter! :)

Bella Della said...

Beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful Easter- it sure looks like you did!

Elizabeth said...

What a pretty table setting. Happy Easter. We only have five and I still used place cards! I think they are fun.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Can you ever have too much chocolate? I haven't gotten to that point, I'm afraid! Your table is beautiful. I'm sure your guests were thankful for such a thoughtful hostess.
Brenda

Denise said...

Those are beautiful! I love the pastel blues.

Have a great day, Denise

Jerusalem said...

so sweet! love all your Easter post - each one!

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails