Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Littles

One of these days, probably when I'm completely gray-haired, retired from the job, and spending my days painting on the beach or gardening with a big straw hat on and an apron tied at my waist . . . I will have a dollhouse project. And just like when I was pregnant with a little girl and collecting dress-up clothes, high heels and jewelry for her to one day play with, I'm beginning to search out what I'll need for The Dollhouse Project.

A few weeks ago, in a local thrift store, I spotted a box hidden beneath a table. And inside it was a ton of plastic and metal dollhouse furniture along with dolls. They happen to be vintage Littles. And Dan, the thrift store owner (who knows me by first name . . . ahhh, dahling, to be a thrift store celebrity) said he had the house in the back. Bought the whole lot. Here are just a few of the pieces. Oozing charm.

A drop-leaf table. I want one my size. Looks like it belongs in a Hansel & Gretel cottage.




Look at the tilt-top tea table . . .

10 comments:

Freckled Hen said...

I think I would have fainted in the store. I have big dollhouse dreams, too. Everything in life is cuter when it's tiny. I love the tilt table!

Rachel said...

And the house? Oh tell me you bought the house too! Miniature things are just so cute!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Those do indeed look like they belong in Hansel and Gretels cottage. Really cute!

Shann said...

How sweet is that? :) My grandma made a homemade doll house for me as a child out of egg boxes from the store. She wallpapered the walls and put little pieces of carpet on the floors. My furniture was a mixture of homemade from her and store bought. Boy, do I ever wish I still had that house!! Maybe I will get one someday to. I am already working on the grey hair. Hee hee! :)

Christine said...

OH PLEASE...say you bought the whole thing!
This is so cute!

Ain't it great being a thrift store celebrity?

GardenOfDaisies said...

Hi Dawn.. thanks for stopping by my blog today.
My husbands great-aunt passed away a few years ago, so unless she sold art work prior to her death, there are no paintings on the market. Thank you for asking though. We do love the barn.

Claudia said...

What fun! I'm working on my dollhouse and I really love it. I'm going to have such fun decorating it!

xo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

What an adorable thing for you to begin collecting! I love all the dear little pieces. Maybe, if you are lucky, you will have a little granddaughter to play with you someday.

Gretchen

Bella Della said...

OMG- I have all those pieces!!!! They are in my parents' attic. I was asking about them not too long ago. I think it might be time to dig them out.

The house used to set up on my dresser when I was little.

Denise said...

OMGosh, how fun! I can't wait to see more!

XXDenise

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails