Monday, September 7, 2009

Blah

Our offices were closed on Friday and, of course, today. And as I near the end of what should have been a wonderfully productive four days, I realize that the long weekend proved to be a dud. Both Harleigh and I were in a funk. I battled with some depression which rendered me useless for a good part of the time. We did have a very nice birthday brunch on Saturday at my mom's (to celebrate my step sister's August birthday and the one I have coming up September 10 — 49 years old!). And today Harleigh and I went out for a nice lunch at a Japanese restaurant and brainstormed a youth party and concert we have coming up at our church that I am responsible for (along with all youth events for the next year — can we say "bit off more than I can chew"?).

I'm feeling a bit "adrift" lately.

Here is Gideon, who rather enjoyed our funk. He loves nothing more than lazing around the house, moving from chair to under table, to sofa. I took him to to the dog park today, and after 20 minutes he loped up to the gate of the park ready to head home.
I helped Harleigh with some fun baskets for her discipleship group of girls at school. Here is a great use of a vintage jewelry box. You can find these at any thrift store. Perfect for all my crafting gems and beads. This one even has a place to hang my tweezers.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hope your are feeling better. Your birthday is the same as my friends! I'm taking her out to lunch that day, I'll send a mental happy birthday to you as well.

Kb_Mal said...

Sorry to hear you were in a funk. :( And on a holiday weekend!

About the youth group activities, I can't imagine a better person to coordinate!

Shann said...

I am sorry you had a blah long weekend. Maybe you needed some "mental time." :) I know that I do sometimes. Can I just say how darling your dog is again? I just want to snuggle with him every time you put his sweet picture out there for us to see. :) And, can I also say that there have been MANY a time I have bitten off more than I can chew at church as well. From what I can see about you...you are a very very talented person. Those kids are a lucky bunch to have your help. Have a nice evening even though we have to go back to work tomorrow. Poo Poo!!
Hugs,
Shann

aimee said...

so sad to hear you are not doing well. i pray your days get better.
blessings,
aimee

Tiffany said...

I feel like I'm coming off of a giant case of the blahs. With us moving (house in chaos) and hubby's lousy job situation, things have been unsettled and that makes me uncomfortable. Finally, hubby started his new job today and life should settle back to normal. I hope you make it out of the funk and you are able to find time for yourself.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails