Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Matchboxes


These boxes were my Christmas craft project this year. It began with my own need for pretty matches. I've usually got candles aglow in the house, and I prefer using boxed matches over matchbooks (they're sturdier for striking). But the matchboxes you buy at the grocery store are plain ol' ugly, hence a craft project was born.

I started by purchasing self-adhesive scrapbooking paper. It couldn't have been easier to cut the paper to size, tear off the backing and adhere to the matchbox. All the baubles, smalls, trinkets and charms I've collected over the years were put to good use for decorating. They look lovely on my tables, and they made sweet, inexpensive gifts. I created mucho little boxes and have begun decorating the large matchboxes you see here.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

These are adorable!! Self-adhesive scrapbooking paper makes all sorts of projects faster and easier. Have you seen or tried the new Post-it craft paper? I found some at JoAnn's....

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails