Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thrifting Bonanza — Part III . . . The Bird Cage

I chanced upon this beautiful Le Bert birdcage. I have been wanting a bird forever (and need one like I need a hole in the head!), but beyond the desire to have another heartbeat in the house, I do love birdcages for their decorative appeal. This one was a rare find. Much like the other items I gravitated toward at this particular thrift store, it had no price tag. She gave it to me for $5. I googled it and finally found one at North Fork Pet and Antiques (along with sooo many other beautiful cages and antiques). I have an email into them to find out what it's worth. Will let you know once I hear from them!

3 comments:

aimee said...

wow! that is one cool bird cage. i can't wait to hear how much it's worth too. enjoy!
blessings,
aimee

Denise said...

That is a beautiful birdcage. What kind of birdie is going to call it home?

XXDenise

Anonymous said...

Your bird cage is beautiful and you probably need a bird like I do. Personally, I'd probably put a fake bird in it.

Hugs, Gretchen

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails