Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lamp finished . . . check that off my list

Remember the lamp I found at Goodwill not too long ago? Here are the before pictures.
I took it into the lamp shop and had the wiring checked out. Then I got the shade, a little on the pricier side but perfect (and when you spend under $10 on a lamp, you can afford to put a little money into it). I painted all the gold parts including the chain on/off pulls and painted the center pole. The lady at the lamp store talked me into the finial which is the perfect touch. Am diggin' it all.

6 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Lamp looks great!Now I need to get to a few things on my list. Jackie

Tiffany said...

Very nice. The lady was right, that finial is just perfect!

Claudia said...

Dawn, it looks so lovely! You did a great job. Love the finial.

Bella Della said...

Just beautiful! I love it. And I am lucky to have a brother that's an electrician for these little makeovers.

Anonymous said...

Your lamp turned out beautifully. What a wonderful bargain you will have to look at and enjoy for years to come.

Gretchen

Various and Sunday said...

Very pretty lamp. What a great transformation. Now, what goes in that little dish part? ;)

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails