Sunday, September 2, 2012

Antsy



It's been awhile since I've been on a vacation, and so I'm a bit anxious about my three weeks off of work for my 15-year sabbatical. My work is a huge part of my life, always has been. And to be away from it for three weeks will be both wonderfully liberating and odd at the same time. Odd in the sense that the older I get, the closer I get to retirement (or at least some definition of it that may or may not include me "working"), and so when I enjoy "me" time nowadays, it rings true that what I experience during those three weeks holds a clue for what's ahead. Surreal, for sure.

Gideon got a bath and brush this weekend, leaving him snow white, smelling like a baby, and super snuggly. I had cookie duty at church this morning (we serve cookies, coffee and juice between all services) and so I had to bake 24 dozen cookies yesterday. Kept it to three different recipes and had the house smelling like Christmas all day. Harleigh and Kasey arrived this afternoon at his family's home, and I'll be heading there tomorrow for a Labor Day picnic. Can't wait to see them both.

Here's another sneak peek at shower decor, all of it in dreamy jewel tones.


No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails